Bitcoin, also called BTC, is the most popular cryptocurrency in the world with the highest value. It was created over a decade ago and served as a decentralized, cheaper, and time-saving alternative to sending and receiving money through the blockchain. While some countries are still yet to adapt to Bitcoin and its shiny characteristics, others have accepted it and started using it as a means of payment. Ghana is one of those countries in which bitcoin has made a big impact.
As time passes, more Ghanaians have become aware of the amazing benefits of owning bitcoins. Not only does it make the transfer of funds easy, but it is also a means to make easy money. Hence, you must be informed on how to buy BTC not only with cash but with mobile money.
Buying BTC with mobile money in Ghana
Cryptocurrency exchanges are the easiest way to buy and sell bitcoin worldwide using mobile money in Ghana. Ghana supports a variety of mobile money providers, including AirtelTigo, MTN, and Vodafone. Several platforms have been created to make the venture easy in Ghana.
With the increase in demand for bitcoin in Ghana, the number of platforms for its sales and purchases using mobile money has increased exponentially, thereby leaving room for scammers to exist. Hence, before you settle on any platform to purchase bitcoin, ensure to conduct thorough research on the platform. Before patronizing a platform, ensure that it is secure, reliable, and customer friendly.
In this vein, because we have your best interest at heart, we have put together three of the most efficient, reliable and secured platforms for you to purchase bitcoin in Ghana.
Binance is one of the most popular bitcoin exchange platforms in Ghana. In 2020, Binance launched an additional feature that allows mobile money payment for GHS peer-to-peer (P2P) trading. Hence, you can now buy bitcoin in Ghana through Binance P2P and pay using mobile money payments.
Binance is intuitive and user friendly in its entirety. Apart from BTC, you can also trade other cryptocurrencies on Binance that includes Ethereum, USDT, BNB, NFTs, BUSD, and EOS without incurring any extra charge.
Buying bitcoin with mobile money on Binance involves a few simple steps.
- Create an account if you have none on the Binance mobile app or web app.
- Log into your account after ensuring that you have completed the level 2 identity verification (for securing your account from rippers and scammers).
- Click on buy with cash and then select P2P.
- Select the Buy tab, select BTC, and click on the filter icon at the top of your screen.
- Select mobile money as your payment method and the currency to buy the crypto. Click on confirm.
- Select the best offer from the listed offers and input the quantity you want to buy.
- Select the preferred mobile money payment method and click on buy BTC.
- Transfer money to the seller based on the seller’s payment information by simply clicking on transfer.
- Click on confirm, and the transaction status will be updated to “To be released.”
Congratulations! You have successfully bought bitcoin using mobile money on the Binance platform.
Paxful is another popular, secure, and reliable exchange platform to buy bitcoin using mobile money in Ghana. It is intuitive in itself and can be easily navigated. Paxful also has a bitcoin exchange peer-to-peer feature that allows you to buy bitcoin using mobile money without the involvement of a third party. The only downside to this platform is that you’ll need to find buyers that accept mobile money as means of payment.
To use the Paxful platform, you will have to create an account first via email and verify the account using your email. After creating your account, follow the steps written below to buy bitcoin.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on buy.
- Choose bitcoin from the myriad of other cryptocurrencies.
- Select mobile money as the payment method and choose from either MTN mobile money or Vodafone cash.
- Enter the amount you want to spend in GHS.
- Click on search offers and browse the list of offers to pick the offer that suits your budget. Ensure to make a careful selection by paying attention to the verification requirements, bitcoin rates, trade limit, and buying limit.
- Click on buy when you find the best offer.
- Input the amount you want to buy in GHS, and the corresponding bitcoin amount will be displayed immediately.
- Click on “buy now.” Paxful allows you to have a live chat with the seller to discuss trading agreements.
- The seller will validate your payment and send the bitcoin. Paxful will credit your BTC wallet in less than one minute.
Selling bitcoin for Cedes in Ghana using the DartAfrica platform
Apart from buying gift cards using mobile money, you can also convert your bitcoin to GHS by using DartAfrica. DartAfrica is the best cryptocurrency trading platform in ghana. It is a highly intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows you to sell your bitcoin for cash without any hassle. Transactions done on DartAfrica are always seamless and fast. They also sell bitcoins at amazing rates in order to satisfy all their customers with mouthwatering profit.
Even more, DartAfrica has a cryptocurrency rate calculator feature that sets it apart from other platforms. With the rate calculator, all their customers are constantly updated on the current rates at which BTC, ETH, and LTH are sold.
The platform is secured, reliable, and fully automated with the best features. Their customer service is topnotch with representatives that work round the clock to attend to all customers. To get started, kindly log on to their website or contact us to have a chat with one of our representatives.